Peter and the Starcatcher Posted on May 3rd, 2024 by

The Gustavus Theatre & Dance Department is presenting “Peter and the Starcatcher,” based on the well-known story of Peter Pan. Telling the origin stories of some of the notable characters such as Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and Captain Hook, performances will be occurring Thursday, May 9 through Saturday, May 11 at 8 p.m., along with performances on Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12 at 2 p.m. at the Rob and Judy Gardner Laboratory Theatre.

Assistant director and actor AnnJelique Dunham ‘25, actor Lukas  Lennartson  ‘25, and costume designer Mariana Rodrigues ‘24 spoke more about their experiences.

“I love behind the scenes work, but this semester I am onstage and it has been a big change.”, says Lemmarston ‘25. Rodrigues ‘24 echoed this, adding “I am designing the costumes, which has been good and I have learned a lot. It is a lot of fun but a lot of work […] I really enjoy designing. It is something I used to do for fun and now it is actually something I am studying.”

Other students are both on the stage and behind the scenes, with Dunham ‘25 playing the role as the assistant director.

This show is bringing a unique take to Gustavus theater, with Dunham ‘25 saying “if you like fantasy and comedy, this is a show for you.” Blending what most people know about the beloved characters of Neverland with humor and heart, this is not a show to miss.

Once again, performances will be Thursday, May 9 through Saturday, May 11 at 8 p.m., along with performances on Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12 at 2 p.m. at the Rob and Judy Gardner Laboratory Theatre. Tickets are available at https://gustavustickets.universitytickets.com/