Senior Spotlight: Vienna Branom Posted on July 5th, 2022 by

Vienna Branom is a Studio Art, Communications, and Arts Administration triple major from New Richmond, Wisconsin. In the future, Vienna wants to become a lawyer in advocacy and creative copyright law and a freelance artist. Professor Betsy Byers describes Vienna as the following “Vin’s paints narratives that disrupt and unsettle you in the best way. They are a prolific artist whose creativity shows in all aspects of their life. They aren’t afraid to explore material and to push the boundary of what art can do.”

We asked Vienna about their time at Gustavus and plans for the future.

What will you miss most about art at Gustavus?
VB: “The professors.”

What’s a favorite memory you have from studying art at Gustavus?
VB: “All of it :)”

How have you grown in your time Gustavus?
VB: “I got better at art, realized my true calling, and met the love of my life! Doesn’t get much more epic than that :)”

What do you look forward to most about life after Gustavus?
VB: “Going to law school to continue learning and applying knowledge from undergrad.”

What’s one piece of advice you’d give high school students considering Gustavus?
VB: “Have an open mind when considering a double major, it’s really doable and useful :)”

What has been your proudest moment in your time at Gustavus?
VB: “Starting my own successful art venture and getting into an honors society at the same time.”

What is the most interesting class you’ve taken at Gustavus and why?
VB: “Arts Administration. I love seeing how art applies to other parts of life.”