Gustavus Chamber Singers Vocal Jazz Performance Saturday Posted on November 17th, 2008 by

The Gustavus Chamber Singers will present a vocal jazz concert in Jussi Bjorling Recital Hall on the Gustavus Adolphus College campus in St. Peter on Saturday, November 22 at 3:30 p.m. This performance is under the direction of Gregory Aune and is free and open to the public.

For this performance by the Chamber Singers, Gregory Aune has selected a number of standard vocal jazz tunes along with new arrangements and contemporary jazz compositions for voice. The program opens with I’m Beginning to See the Light, arranged by Nicholas Hare and Te Quiero by Alberto Favero. Doug Andrews arrangement of My One and Only Love follows along with Mac Huff’s If I Fell and the Gene Puerling arrangement of A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square. The performance ends with Georgia on My Mind, Voice Dance (Greg Jasperse) and Kirby Shaw’s Doctor Jazz.

Saturday’s jazz vocal concert by the Gustavus Chamber Singers begins at 3:30 p.m. in Bjorling Recital Hall.