Senior Spotlight: Emee Jagielski Posted on May 3rd, 2021 by

The “Senior Spotlight” series honors graduating fine arts majors for their contributions to the Gustavus community.

Emee Jagielski is a Music and Psychological Science double major from St. Joseph, Minn. After graduation, she plans to work at Nystrom and Associates in Sartell, Minn. as a Behavioral Health Administrative Specialist. She plans to continue schooling in the future for music therapy. Associate Professor of Music Justin Knoepfel has worked with Emee in weekly lessons. “Emee has grown in her confidence, artistry, and ability over the last four years. It has been a joy to watch this growth. I know that music will be part of Emee’s life no matter what she ends up doing. And that is the beauty of liberal arts: music has impacted her life so deeply that she is able to problem-solve and accomplish more because of this daily tussle with the art. I am extremely proud of her!” he says. 

We asked Emee to give us a little insight into her time at Gustavus and what her future plans are.

What will you miss most about music at Gustavus?

EJ: Something I will miss most about music at Gustavus would be the people and the faculty.  I have been fortunate to have met some amazing people who have helped me grow through my music career here at Gustavus.

What’s a favorite memory you have from studying music at Gustavus?

EJ: One of my favorite memories studying music here at Gustavus would have to be traveling abroad with GSO to Singapore and Malaysia.

What do you look forward to most about life after Gustavus?

EJ: I really look forward in taking the next steps in furthering my aspirations that I have cultivated here at Gustavus and seeing where life takes me.

What professor has made the biggest impact on you and why?

EJ: There are many professors who have made a big impact in my life, although two in particular would have to be Dr. Knoepfel and Dr. Lin. Both have pushed and encouraged me in different ways to grow not only in music but in life outside of music as well.