Senior Spotlight: Peter Neuman Posted on June 28th, 2022 by

Peter Neuman is a Vocal Music Education major from Chaska, Minnesota. He performed with the Gustavus Choir and the G-sharp. Professor Anna DeGraff says “As Peter moves on from Gustavus, I am hopeful that his joy for music will allow him to inspire another generation of thoughtful, passionate musicians.”

We asked Peter about his time at Gustavus and his goals for the future.

What are your plans for the future?
PN: “After Gustavus I plan on to look for teaching jobs and continue to referee soccer at a high level. ”

What will you miss most about music at Gustavus?
PN: “What I will miss most about the music at Gustavus is the sense of community that I felt in my ensembles. There are some amazing people here in the Music department who care about their musical craft and the folks around them.”

What’s a favorite memory you have from studying music at Gustavus?
PN: “My favorite memory studying music at Gustavus is going on international tour with the Gustavus Choir my freshman year. ”

How have you grown in your time at Gustavus?
PN: “I have matured a lot both musically and personally through my time at Gustavus.”

What do you look forward to most about life after Gustavus?
PN: “I am looking forward to teaching and building a supportive community, like the community I was a part of at Gustavus.”

What’s one piece of advice you’d give high school students considering Gustavus?
PN: “If you are considering Gustavus, just know that you will be accepted here no matter who you are and where you come from.”

What has been your proudest moment in your time at Gustavus?
PN: “I think that my proudest moment here at Gustavus is seeing the fruits of my labor flourish into something amazing (that being graduating). ”

What is the most interesting class you’ve taken at Gustavus and why?
PN: “The most interesting class that I took here at Gustavus was Music History I with Chad Winterfeldt. I loved learning about all the different composers and genres of music that they composed. ”