Senior Spotlight: Sara Cronk Posted on June 22nd, 2022 by

Sara Cronk is a Theatre and Management double major and Arts Administration minor from Dassel, Minnesota. In the future, Sara will be working at CLIMB Theatre as a Community Connection Coordinator. Fine Arts Director Miguel Sousa says that Sara “is a representative of excellence and professionalism. She is an intelligent young individual who cares deeply about the quality of her work. We will miss her!”

We asked Sara a few questions about her time at Gustavus and her experience in the theatre department. 

What will you miss most about theatre at Gustavus?
SC: “I’ll miss having easy access to a range of mainstage and student pieces, both as an actor and as an audience member. I’ll also miss working in the Fine Arts Office and how wonderful and supportive of an environment that has been.”

What’s a favorite memory you have from your time in theatre at Gustavus?
SC: “My favorite memory from theatre at Gustavus is definitely getting to act Into the Woods, which has been one of my favorite musicals since I was in elementary school. I got to act alongside some of my favorite people in my favorite musical, and it was a great time.”

How have you grown in your time at Gustavus?
SC: “I’ve grown so much in my time at Gustavus. When I started at Gustavus, I was mainly focused on academics and acting as a hobby, but I found through my involvement in theatre and working at the Fine Arts Office how much I love working on the behind-the-scenes aspects of the arts. I found something that I truly love to do, and I’ve definitely grown in that through some amazing experiences!”

What do you look forward to most about life after Gustavus?
SC: “I’m looking forward to branching out and starting the next stage of my life! I’ve had great support at Gustavus, but I’m ready to try something new in a different environment.”

What’s one piece of advice you’d give high school students considering Gustavus?
SC: “You don’t have to know what you want to do going in to college, and you can always change your mind.”

What has been your proudest moment in your time at Gustavus?
SC: “My proudest moment was probably presenting my summer research project at the Fall Research Symposium. I conducted audience development research for Gustavus Theatre & Dance in the summer of 2020, and I spent the summer analyzing ticket sales data, social media insights, and a survey that I sent out to audience members and the Gustavus community. I learned a lot from the project, and it was really cool to get to present my work!”