Senior Spotlight: Zachary Farr Posted on July 1st, 2022 by

Zachary Farr is a Theater and Communication Studies double major from Austin, Minnesota. In the future they plan to participate in local productions and create works of their own.

We asked Zachary a few questions about their time at Gustavus and their involvement in the Theatre and Dance department.

What will you miss most about theatre at Gustavus?
ZF: “I will miss the comradery that came with the fellow theatre people here. From four years of knowing a person to just one, I still found that my peers made the department feel like a home.”

What’s a favorite memory you have from your time in theatre at Gustavus?
ZF: “My favorite memory of theatre at Gustavus would have to be the small scenes that I practiced and performed with friends in Acting I.”

How have you grown in your time at Gustavus?
ZF: “I feel that I have become more community oriented. I try to find ways in which people can feel more welcomed and appreciated.”

What do you look forward to most about life after Gustavus?
ZF: “Admittedly, I will be appreciating a less structured schedule after Gustavus. I may have more time to learn a language, build gardens, and even get more involved with theatre because of said free time.”

What’s one piece of advice you’d give high school students considering Gustavus?
ZF: “Be careful not to get over involved. You’re already impressive enough!”

What has been your proudest moment in your time at Gustavus?
ZF: “My proudest moments here are the ones in which I’m proud for others. When a theater show finishes and the actors come out for a bow, there is nothing other than pride that I feel in this moment. I make sure to greet actors afterward to let them know about what a wonderful performance they had put on.”

What is the most interesting class you’ve taken at Gustavus and why?
ZF: “The most interesting class I’ve taken here was my three crowns senior seminar course. In this course, I was surrounded by peers of four years who had been equipped with philosophy across the disciplines. In this room, weighty matters would be discussed to no end in such an impressive manner. This class always made me feel like I was in an advanced collegiate setting.”